If there is mold the humidifier tank and/or base, this could be due to the unit not being cleaned often enough or the use of additives. Please try the following:
- Wash the tank, mist spout, and water tank lid (the lid on the bottom of the water tank) with a mild dish washing soap or and warm water or 100% white vinegar and a bottle brush, rinsing well, and drying.
- In the base of the humidifier, you can soak the ultra sonic disk, in 100% white vinegar for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then clean gently with the brush provided. If you no longer have your brush you can use a soft bristle tooth brush.
- Drain any excess vinegar and dry with a soft cloth.
- We do not suggest running anything through the humidifier.
If further assistance is needed, please reach out to our support team. We are available to chat Monday through Friday from 8am to 9pm EST or you can fill out a contact form by clicking here
Article is closed for comments.